Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Infinite patience and smart Shopping

Suppose you go to God to get a boon. When your intention is to get a boon, then you are in a hurry.

Another person knows he already owns God; he is not in a hurry for anything. Infinite patience comes up in him. Now what is “owning God”? Realizing that the Divinity and His entire creation already belong to you. Usually you shop in hurry at the supermarket and rush back home. But when the whole store is already in your home, you’re not in a rush to shop; you’re at ease. Your hurry to get something throws you off balance and makes you small. Have an “eternal wait”—infinite patience. Realize that God belongs to you. Through this awareness or through practice you will reach infinite patience.

Now “To develop patience, do we observe the impatience?”

Just observe the thoughts and feelings and don’t regret them. When you know you are part of the divine plan, you stop demanding. You know everything is being done for you. You are taken care of. Usually we hurry the mind and are slow in our action. Impatience means hurry in the mind; lethargy means slowness in action. It is better the other way around:


Patience in the mind and dynamism an action is the right formula.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Good thoughts to keep our activity ahead of our mental angst.

I usually think of God owning me rather than me "owning" Him, though He lives in me because of Jesus. He made me, he bought me with a price, therefore, I am to honor him with my body, scripture says.

Good thoughts.